These are your Rules of Engagement. If you dare become a defector to this regime of self-government – you’re on your own. But – you will be free. Therefore, choose consciously…
- Do not be aware of what makes you feel uncomfortable. At all cost: distract, explain/intellectualize/religionize away these demons and judge others who do not.
- Don’t you dare welcome, examine, challenge, and shine on the other-side of leaving this comfort-zone.
- Do not trust yourself. Look outside for all validation, security, worth, and guidance, and remember to measure the outsides of others against your insides.
- Interpret all mistakes as evidence that you’re not good/smart/strong/worthy enough, as is.
- Strive for the appearance of perfection and “having it all together”.
- Give a lot of fuks about what you cannot control, like other people’s business rather than your own, especially how they judge you.
- Shrink to make others comfortable within their own comfort zones.
- Do not be vulnerable/authentic and rock the boat of “normalcy”.
- Always fear what the critics think, especially your own.
- Shame and blame everyone else when things don’t go well. Never compassionately look at yourself. Ever.
- Survival is the ONLY goal. And it’s survival of the ego.
- Fear and avoid any and all discomfort.
- Do not let anyone in to see you. Rejection will not be risked.
- Do not outgrow this comfort zone. Conform and
Pain is the alarm system going off. It’s your Heart’s wake-up call to begin CONSCIOUSLY LIVING. It’s an opportunity saying, “You’ve outgrown your comfort zone.” Hit ‘Snooze’ (Warning: it comes on later) or – ARISE!! And get your lovely ass up…because you are worth it.